Introducing OctoPlus, a gaming app that makes math addition fun and engaging for kids. Winner of the 2015 Editor's Choice Award - Family Review Center, OctoPlus places you in an underwater aqua world where you have to battle turtles to score points.... Read More
Introducing OctoPlus, a gaming app that makes math addition fun and engaging for kids. Winner of the 2015 Editor's Choice Award - Family Review Center, OctoPlus places you in an underwater aqua world where you have to battle turtles to score points. OctoPlus reinforces key math skills within an interactive gaming environment. With both a drill and challenge mode, children’s math skills are improved based on their own individual learning ability. OctoPlus is also designed to enhance motor skills for young children and kids with motor or cognitive delays. With a phenomenal ability to set options, this app will keep kids motivated and engaged. The app is designed to improve visual attention, timing, coordination and control. Parents can also use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals. Or join STEMdash to track your child’s progress, chat with your child to provide encouragement, or limit their playtime.
"OctoPlus is a top math app for early addition facts!" - Smart Apps for Kids
"OctoPlus is a winner for Zyrobotics! The astounding graphics and accessibility for kids who cannot just grab a fun app like this, make this app a gem!" - AppyMall
"Zyrobotics is to be applauded for its efforts to provide a fun switch-accessible educational app with lots of customization options." - The iMums
"What I really like is that it works for every kid." - Book Room Reviews
"Overall, the look and feel is awesome and it will surely provide hours of learning and entertainment for your child." - Product Girls
"I really enjoyed the OctoPlus app. I think that this app would be great for all children who are learning early math skills" - The iPhone Mom
"A great app that combines learning and gameplay!" - Fun Educational Apps
1. STEMdash enables parents and teachers to track their child’s progress in mastery of the educational content
2. Practice math skills in either English or Spanish
3. Helps kids master math skills and gain math confidence
4. Can save profiles for multiple-users so can track progress for a group of children
5. Includes the OctoStore where kids can buy characters as a reward
6. Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn
7. Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
8. Fun for all, with additional features to help children with special needs
9. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess or Zumo)
10. Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted
11. Beginner, Experienced, and Expert mode to help children gain confidence during game play
12. Fully customizable settings can adjust game options based on the skill level of the child
13. Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
14. Enables learning for all kids of all skill levels and abilities
15. Can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
16. Winner of the 2015 Editor's Choice Award - Family Review Center
17. Can couple this app with OctoMinus to practice and learn subtraction skills
18. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
OctoPlus covers the following Operations & Algebraic Thinking Math Topics: Add numbers to 10; Add in any order; Make a number
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.3 - Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.4 - For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.5 - Fluently add and subtract within 5.
Please leave a review in the App Store and help us spread the word. Collapse
All app prices are listed in USD. This price was last verified in the US App Store 59 minutes ago and is subject to change.