How Do I Maximize iPad Battery Life?
How do I increase the life of each iPad battery charge?
- Asked by Roy G. January 13th, 2012
There are several easy things you can do squeeze more life out of each iPad battery charge to get it closer to the 10 hours Apple has promised for the iPad 2.
- Turn off push notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications to disable them.
- Disable location services. Go to Settings > General > Location Services and disable as many as you are not using.
- Manually adjust brightness. The iPad uses Auto-Brightness to adjust the brightness during different lighting conditions, but you can turn down the brightness even further by going to Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper.
- Turn off Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi + 3G and use Airplane Mode. If you're not using Wi-Fi or 3G go to Settings > Wi-Fi or Settings > Cellular to turn each of them off. You can also turn on Airplane Mode to disable both Wi-Fi and 3G.
- Adjust mail settings. Disable push mail (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and switch Push to Off) or turn off auto-check for email accounts (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > select the mail account and switch to off).