How Do I Reset The SMC?
I'm having some battery problems and a website recommended that I reset the SMC. How do I do that?
- Asked by Laura B. May 26th, 2011
Sometimes if your Mac is having a problem (fans, battery, lights, video, etc.) it can be fixed by resetting the SMC in Mac OS X. Before you reset the SMC, you should first try each of the following four steps.
- Force quit any application that isn't responding (Command + Option + Escape).
- Put your Mac to sleep, then wake it up
- Restart your Mac from the Apple menu on the top left of your screen
- Shut down your Mac from the Apple menu on the top left of your screen