Will My Mac Support OS X Mountain Lion?
A 15 inch MacBook Pro from 2008 will be supported. OS X Mountain Lion requires a Mac with a 64 bit kernel. Here's a full list of models that will support OS X Mountain Lion.
- MacBook 13" Aluminum from 2008 or any MacBook from early 2009 on
- MacBook Pro 13" from mid-2009 on, MacBook Pro 15" & 17" from late 2007 on
- MacBook Air from late 2008 on
- iMac from mid-2007 or later
- Mac mini from early 2009 and newer
- Mac Pro from early 2008 on
- Xserve from early 2009 and newer
This information may change between now and the release of OS X Mountain Lion.